The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas Day




For the last few years we spend Christmas morning at home...it's so much fun to be "Santa" now and get things ready for the kids. Matt was up late doing his thing. I have decided that I will no longer stress nor worry about "doing" Christmas, because he already does it and then some. He always blows me away and goes overboard and I've decided that there's no fighting it so I should just sit back and enjoy it. :)

We had the kids' socks on the table and Matt draped a sheet over the room where we had the tree so they couldn't peek. I was impressed that the kids didn't wake us up until 7am. We started out in the kitchen where we opened our socks and had hot chocolate and clementine oranges. Then we went into the living room and all of us (other than Matt) were surprised at the array of gifts. Amongst some of the fun stuff were some bean bags Matt bought for each of the kids...they were a hit. Everyone had fun and I, much to my chagrin, was completely spoiled....Matt got me new pots and pans (stainless steel), some REALLY nice hand lotion and exfoliating creme - my hands are always really dry because I wash them so much. (Note: having used the stuff for a few weeks now, it really works. My hands look younger and are now soft and smooth....almost supple, even.:) a really cute prego sweater, AND, much to my amazement, A KITHEN-AID MIXER!!!!! I love it...I have made so much bread in the last 3 weeks, it's amazing. He also got me two really nice bread pans that are fantastic!!!! I admit, I was teary (he was amazed that I would get choked up over a mixer, but seriously!!!!) I was a little uneasy because I felt his Christmas wasn't as flashy, but that's not what it's about, eh? I DID put a lot of thought into what I would get him and he seemed to like it alright. :P He always blows me out of the water though, and it's frustrating....he'll do extra jobs in the summer and never tell me about it, horad the cash for 6 months, and then go nuts at Christmas. He's so fun.

Anywho, later that evening we went to Matt's parent's house where we had a potluck dinner and gift exchange. Good times. It was a perfect day and we are so fortunate to have our family close to us. Merry Christmas!

No comments: