2) Linked to #1 is the realization how quickly my kids are going to grow up. In 10 years, Sammi will be 18! WHAT!?! Sad. I just hold them a little longer and closer now.
3) What are the 30's linked to? What fun thing? College, get married, have a baby (or two...or three..or four), buy new home, start career....all this fun stuff was in the 20's. And so I say...er...30...what d'ya got? (Perhaps I'll just have to wait and see, eh?)
Anywho, now that it's here, over and done with, I am coping well. Matt helped make my day uber special. (thanks hon!). Here's the low-down of the day:
Woke up and went with the kids to breakfast at IHOP. Wore the awesome Birthday Crown that they made me (much to the pancake patrons pleasure)

Matt sent me off with some friends to get lunch and Pedicures! My first one ever! (Pedicure that is. I've had lunch before) Olivia was a pro - after Nikki and I figured out our massage chairs, we looked quite suave ourselves. LOVED IT!

Matt and Sammi made the flip flops for us. I would have LOVED to see his big ole' hands crafting with those tiny balloons. Priceless. Super cute too.

Yey! Presents! Matt got me a locket with pics of our kids and us in it and the new Alice in Wonderland and some other trinkets. My sweet friend brought over some delish Bath and Body works soap - it was a big surprise and so appreciated! My kids made me cards and posters to hang up.

For dinner, we went downtown to Solid (very tasty - thanks to Hannah for watching our chillins) and then came home and watched my new movie with the kiddos and had strawberry pie. (mmmmm) It was a wonderful ending to a wonderful day!

And so - I move forward. Here's to "30". Yipee!
1 comment:
Here's to 30 indeed! It sounds like you had a fabulous birthday. Matt did a great job! Reading the reasons why you were sad to turn 30 made me sad too. Time really does go by quickly. But this new decade will be awesome too!
Post a Comment