The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My face hurts...a lot

Last friday, the 25th, I had my last two remaining wisdom teeth removed. Hi-Lar-I-OUS. Actually - there have been some pretty funny moments. All my interactions with people the first hour after I woke up were pretty funny. Keep in mind that for some reason, I thought I needed to speak loudly. Here's a sample of the "fun".

From my first awakening moments: I see some kid next to me, prostrate on his chair, mouth hanging open. In my fuzziness I hear the nurse say "Yey - look at her. She's already awake and he was finished before her". To which I respond in my drug-induced state "That's right! I'm freaking awesome! I was made for this!".

Matt helped me out of my chair, recieving instructions. I remember thinking how aware I was - how the drugs weren't affecting my speech and how that was a little disappointing.

As we're leaving, Matt notes the sleek BMW in the parking lot and wonders aloud if it's the Dr's. To which I respond: "I hope it's his car! He deserves it! That was awesome! This is like, one of my five favorite things!" Matt: What are your other four? Me: " Four puddings...I'm hungry" He chuckles and I say "I'm totally doing this on purpose, you know. I know what I'm saying. I'm just making it fun for you." (note: I was totally out of control)

Matt passes by a yard sale and stops, first asking if it's okay. I assure him enthusiastically that it's fine. I watch him from the window, and as he approaches I honk the horn loudly, motioning for him to buy the doormat on the grass. I thought it was brilliant. So - he did. A few days later, I saw it in the car and was like "I wanted that....right?" Matt nods and notes that I wanted it "really badly."

We get home, I demand my pudding and fall asleep, waking up to blood all over my comforter and gauze in my mouth. I"m drugged up on vicoden, foggy, sleepy and not in much pain. Alas, I wake up on Saturday to a swollen face which progressively gets worse to this:




And yes, I have gone out in public and yes, it was embarrassing. BUt kind of funny. If I could smile, I would laugh pretty hard. But, today is Tuesday and I'm tired of feeling like there's a swollen golfball in my jaw and I'm tired of feeling tired. This stinks.


(Yes - that is pudding on my face)

1 comment:

Amy Baker said...

Hilarious Dyanna. Seriously so funny! You're still beautiful!