Yey! Boys names are SO hard for us to decide on! Keith was simple, because I knew since Sammi that that was what we'd name our son. But now with son #2 on the way, we had to do some thinking. Max was our choice for awhile, but, due to some interesting "nickname" suggestions and the realization that "Max Swenson" sounded like "Mac" Swenson, it soon lost it's savor.
I then moved on to Harrison. I like it, I like the nickname Harry. I think it's adorable. However, Matt had issues...he said he thought of Harry and the Hendersons. Whatever. I'm a little bitter because Matt ALWAYS ends up choosing the name...it's usually something I've had some insights or say in, but it's never what I originally wanted. What's frustrating is that I mull over choosing a name, and think and think and share my thoughts and in a matter of seconds, he's made it better. Hmph.
Anywho, I had mentioned awhile ago that I liked Eli (pronounced "Ee-lie" rhymes with "eye") but it was ignored with the whole "Max" frenzy. While I was pitching the "Harrison" angle, Matt interrupted with "I like Elliot and we could call him Eli for short." I stopped, mid-sentence, and fuming, got up and left. Matt was like "What? You don't like it?!" I stormed back informed him that YES I liked it (I loved it actually) and that I was miffed that he'd done it, yet again. Mr. Perfect Name-Picker.
And so, that is the name....Elliot Russel Swenson. Eli for short. Cute!
2 comments:
Cute name!
I love it, so cute!
Post a Comment