The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Good Times, Great Talks....General Conference

Another General Conference Weekend has come and gone. *sigh* Ever since college days (remember Conference Andrea?! I still make your stew!!!) I've made Conference Weekend a big deal: lots of good food that we make "just for" Conference, snacks and note-taking supplies. It's a good time. Matt says it's like my version of the Super Bowl. :P My mom always made Conference a big deal too - complete with a Quiz Bowl at the end where we had fun prizes.

As I've carried that tradition on, it's been fun to come up with different activities my kids can do during Conference. And YES! They watch it! Even Keith stayed in the room with us, wandering around with his hands in his "pockets" pulling them out to sustain and pray. And sing along with the hymns. He cracks me up.

Last year I came up with a theme song for Conference Weekend. I was just being silly (it's complete with a dance) and everyone laughed at me but, I'll have it noted that Sammi memorized it AND the dance in a matter of minutes and my siblings too found themselves singing the catchy tune. Anywho, it made my day when a few weeks ago I told Sammi we wouldn't be going to church because of Conference Weekend, and her eyes lit up and she burst into the Conference Weekend theme song and dance. Matt laughed as I threw him a triumphant grin. He thinks I'm a cheeseball but hey - you can't deny the results. I love that my kids love Conference! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Dyanna
Good to hear from you! Your family is going to double since I have seen you last. Congradulaitons on your new little boy to come! Your family is sure cute. Two boys and two girls, its a great combination!
Amy