The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Friday, April 1, 2011

SO ready for Monday....

...and I'm sure Matt is too. The poor guy has been remodeling our bathroom all week long. I had my own project (I would have felt pretty lame if I didn't and he's working like crazy) and painted the nursery. It turned out EXCELLENT and I'll post pictures next week. Matt is doing an amazing job and it's going to turn out great....but I know he's ready for it to be over and I can't wait to clean everything up and have our bedroom/bathroom back again (bedroom is now the workshop for said bathroom). Matt's poor hands are swollen and hurt from working with concrete, tile, and grout for 5 days. Why are we doing this, you ask? In December the floor of our shower cracked - just cracked! - and our insurance covered it to have it fixed...essentially, replace the whole shower. But, since Matt is so handy and can do things himself, we pulled out the cultured marble and stone off the tub and counter as well as the shower and he's tiling it all as well as the floor which used to be linoleum. It's gorgeous, but I know he's worn out. I love him.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh I bet its going to look great!!

Marcia said...

He's a peach!