The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Friday, March 18, 2011

Birthday Creations

This is the LAST birthday post for at least 3 months! I just had to do a little feature on the birthday decor I put together/made. I decided that because I LOVE decorations on birthdays (it makes it feel so festive) that it was wise to have some I could reuse every year (like Christmas!) and save myself some mula. So, I did the following:

Sewed a Birthday Tablecloth! I was planning on making a banner, but found this one at Hobby Lobby for $9.99! So, I got it! I also made a smaller cloth to further decorate the table.


Completing the look, is a Birthday Picture Frame that holds the Birthday Boy/Girl's picture and the Birthday Love Bucket, where we all deposit notes throughout the day to the Birthday Person. AND the Birthday Hat - another awesome find from the Hobby Lobby.

Here's a close-up of the bucket:

And last, but not least, my favorite...the Birthday Wreath.
We put it outside on the birthday person's day. The wreath has a little interchangeable tag with their name on it. So cute!


I got the idea from the CREATIVE HOMEMAKER Blog. It took about 6 hours to make and 400+ balloons (I got them from the dollar store) but it was worth it. It's way cute. Overall, it cost about $20 to make...I highly recommend doing it.

And now, I say "farewell" to birthdays! See you in 9 months!

1 comment:

Amy Baker said...

This is all so cute! Nice job Dyanna. You will have many fun birthdays with all of your cute creations.