The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Matt!


Yes. Another birthday. March 2nd marked the 33rd year of Matt. The kids and I woke up early and made him a birthday breakfast and sent him to work with his special birthday sack lunch. We had our traditional decor up and made his favorite cake - angel food cake with fluffy white frosting.

After he had left, our good friends brought over the basketball hoop that I had stashed and hidden at their place for 3 months (they're REALLY good friends:) and I decorated it with balloons. Once I knew Matt was on his way home, I took his wrapped basketballs (one standard size, one small for the kids to play with him) on the corner of the street with a big sign that told him to stop and open those first. He loved it (as you can see from the picture). No - he really did.

We then opened presents from us to him. He got a big container of jelly belly beans, some shoe polish shine stuff, a snazzy new shirt and pants and a pair of shoes that I had already bought him. (oops - must be prego-brain) and a back scratcher! Maddi also made him an eagle, all by herself, out of pipe cleaners.

My sister watched the kids while I took Matt to dinner at Tucano's with his family. It was super yummy and VERY filling. The best part was getting to watch Matt stand on the bench wearing his birthday crown, playing the tambourine. Priceless.

We then went home and had cake and ice cream with the kiddos. I am so grateful to have Matt as my man. He's a keeper! Happy Birthday, hon!

No comments: