I love Valentine's Day. It's one of my favorite holidays. I think it's mostly because I love the decorations. (pink!) And chocolate. However, I have been SO BAD at eating sugar. I already have been born with the vice of a sweet-tooth. This has gone into high-gear since being pregnant, and with the holidays and birthdays, let's just say I've been hog-wild. And so, I assessed my "problem" and vowed to be better, starting the day AFTER valentine's day (why set yourself up for failure, right?) Matt surprised me with some LOVELY roses and TWO (yes TWO) boxes of chocolates. Mmmm. I said "Honey, you did too much" and proceeded to taste half a dozen chocolates.
Having my fill, and saving the rest for "later", I was content. Enter Matt into our room with a PF Chang's bag. He then proceeds to give me, not one, but TWO slices of their chocolate cake!

Now, anyone who has eaten PF Chang's chocolate cake knows of it's oh so delicious delectibleness. They also know that one slice feeds five easy. I thought the other one was for Matt to eat with me (a little romantic chocolate cake tete a tete). Alas, NO, he doesn't like chocolate and knows how much I love it, and got them BOTH for me. I looked at him like he was insane...thanked him nonetheless, and made mental notes of how I would eat the one and to whom I would give the other. Ha ha...such high aspirations...but then I ate them both. YES BOTH! It took me a couple of days, but, I did it. As I was thus stuffing myself, I thought of a random episode of "Malcolm in the Middle" I happened to watch one day. The mom was pregnant, and the dad, finding her bulbous pregnant self intoxicating and alluring, made it his mission to keep the pounds coming, changing her milk to whole milk, adding all sorts of fattening things to what she was eating. It cracked me up, but the resurfacing of this memory has made me suspicious. I'll have to keep my eye on Matt. I mean, TWO cakes....REALLY?
Happy Valentine's Day!
1 comment:
Pregnant=license to eat all the chocolate cake you want girly! I am in love and totally jealous of your new car!
Post a Comment