No, we're not running out of steam with all these birthdays! Today was GREAT. I woke up Maddi, singing Happy Birthday (with Keith and Eli trailing behind me) carrying her breakfast - bagels and pink milk - AND my video camera and regular camera. Yes, I have skills. She got to eat her breakfast in the TV room and watch a show of her choice. I made her birthday cake while the kids played Wii (something I usually only allow on Saturday, so it's a real treat).
We then dropped off the kiddos at my friend Olivia's, except for Maddi who got to go with us to see the baby's ultrasound. After our appointment, Daddy took her to lunch and Build-A Bear.
After they got back, we opened presents and enjoyed Maddi's reactions. She's a hoot.
We then had homemade burgers and watched Maddi's birth and baby videos (um...anyone else experiencing major dejavu?) while we ate. We sang "Happy Birthday", had delicious Lemon Cake and ice cream, Matt played more Wii with the kids and I prepared for the all-family Birthday Bash the next day. Whew!
Maddi is such a little sweetheart. Kind hearted, she loves everyone, wants to help, wants to make things better, loves animals (horses and dogs especially) and is an AMAZING artist. She too can sing beautifully, but is a little unsure when asked to do it publicly. She's a wonderful big and little sister and we are so SO thankful to have this lady as our daughter. I love you Maddi!
OH! I forgot to mention....(nah, I didn't really forget, I just thought I'd draw out the suspense a little longer.) At our appointment, Dr. Lovelace whispered in Maddi's ear what we were having so that she was the first to know. She got her big Maddi-grin and said ........

We are so excited, we can hardly stand it. :) Here's a pic of me in my current state of 22 weeks. (Sammi wants everyone to know that she took this picture.)
Did I mention we're excited?!?!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDI!!!!
1 comment:
Congratulations on another girl. So fun! And Happy Birthday to Maddi. She is darling.
Post a Comment