The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Cho-Cho!


Yes...."Cho-Cho". Matt has the knack of giving our kids the most ridiculous nicknames that actually stick. No matter how hard I try, I call my kid "Cho-cho". And I find myself feeling absolutely stupid when I do it in public, yet the habit remains. Nevertheless, that is a subject for a post all it's own. Our focus in this one, is Cho...er, Eli!

Well, after Keith recovered, Maddi fell sick with the same illness. She was recuping on Eli's birthday, and then Sammi fell sick that night. Happily, the birthday boy began the bout of illness in our house the week before and was healthy as a horse on his day!

I made him banana muffins for breakfast and then took him to get the traditional 2 year portrait taken (pictures to come). Then, after Matt got home we opened presents and had pizza, watched his movie of birth and baby-days, and had birthday cake (in which we barely escaped with the birthday hat catching fire...whew!) Eli loved it and it was so fun to see him open presents (especially the little scooter Matt got him...he's terrified of it) and sing "Happy Birthday" to himself. This little guy brings so much joy to our home...he loves to be tickled and has the funniest, heartiest "chuckle-laugh" that cracks us up. He loves cars and trucks and trains and music. He dances like his dad, but that doesn't take away from his gusto. :)






Happy Birthday, little buddy!

No comments: