*Note: Corrections made since posting this. Further research into the tests Matt took has shown that he is not, as we say "Allergic" to these foods.."intolerant" is putting it more correctly. He is advised to avoid these foods in order to "heal his gut" and then gradually add some back in.*
Original Post: A few years ago, Matt was diagnosed with what we lovingly call his "girl disease" a.k.a. IBS. Recently, however, he's been seeing our good friend and Chiropractor who believes you should get to the root of the problem, rather than just treat the symptoms or put a label on them (hence, the past IBS diagnosis). So, he did 2 blood Food Panel Allergy tests (IgA and IgG) and we got the results yesterday as to what Matt is allergic to. It is a bit overwhelming, but, I must admit, pretty funny...here's the list:
Barley
Cheese, Cottage
Coconut
Coffee
Crab
Egg yolk
Gluten
Malt
Milk, Cows
Rye
Sesame
Strawberry
Walnut, Black
Wheat
Yeast, Baker's
Yogurt
I've saved the best ones for last....
Blueberry
Corn
Potatoes, White
Lettuce
Mustard
All I can say is, who the heck is allergic to lettuce and mustard?!
That would be Matt. Good times.
2 comments:
The better question would be- what ISN'T he allergic to!?!
Wow. I am amazed. Lettuce and mustard!!! At least steak was not on the list. He is still a man.
Post a Comment