The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Teeth, Anyone?

After Sammi's last dental check-up, it was decided she should get a consultation with an orthodontist due to her baby teeth having no spaces between them...a sign that braces are in the future. Anywho, we went, we saw and WOW, does that girl have a mouth full of teeth just waiting to happen! Her x-ray was pretty funny and grotesque at the same time. Teeth, teeth, EVERYWHERE! Her adult teeth are all under her baby teeth, just trying to squeeze through somewhere. After looking and "consulting", the orthodontist (who is a really great guy - love him as a doctor!) slid his chair back from Sammi as he mouthed the number "8" to me, indicating how many teeth we should pull. That's right! EIGHT! I gasped while trying to smile at the same time so as not to freak out Sammi. (try it, it's hard to do), but, she was okay with it. In fact, she was tickled about the whole "orthodontist, getting braces eventually". I asked her why she was so excited and she said "Mom, I'll have glassses AND braces!" I nodded, still waiting for why this was exciting... "I'm going to look AWESOME", she said. I smiled, gave her a big hug and said "You sure are!".

So, the day came and she had eight teeth pulled. Quite the trooper...and she doesn't look that different. Just more.....awesome. :)

No comments: