The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sometimes I forget....
So, Matt decided to bring home a surprise for the kids last week...a huge blow up punch toy with Spider-man on it. I gave him a look that said "just what they need...more STUFF". He just smiled back and blew up the aforementioned toy. For the next day I grumpily put up with the constant punching and flapping of the toy, thinking of ways to get back at Matt for purchasing the thing. Well, as I was cleaning up the front room during the kids' nap time, I walked past the punch toy and gave it a good, grumpy whack. I found myself pausing, and giving it another good whack. What followed was a good two minutes of me letting loose on Spiderman with a stupid grin on my face. Maddi walked in to see what was going on...I, a little breathlessly, laughed and after tucking her back into bed, put away the punch toy, no longer on my DI list. It was a good reminder that sometimes I forget what it was like as a kid and that I need to stay in touch with that. Thanks, Spidey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You have such a cute family. It is so good to keep in touch!
I love this post Dyanna. Thanks for the insight. Now put up a picture of Spidey for all to see.
Marcia
Long time! Love this post about the SPidey toy. I might have to get one of those!
we have the same thing, put it's power rangers. i actually had to deflate it the other day-but i will get it back out in a few months. i was just checking to see if you had your baby and looks like i am about a month late! congrats! he's beautiful, glad you are doing good.
Post a Comment