The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Husband Tag


My friend Amy tagged me for this "Husband Tag" - I think this is the first time I've been tagged! I feel so loved. Anywho, I too will try to keep my answers short but feel like there's a story to every question. :) Matt's so nifty, it's hard to be brief.(note: he's dressed abit odd in the above picture because of the Madrigal Dinner - a dinner his choirs put on every year. It's quite a big deal and raises tons of money for the choirs.)

Where we met: We met in Las Vegas while Matt was serving his mission. (I know, I know). Many of you already know this story, but for those who do not...he served in the Las Vegas West Mission which covered the west side of Nevada (from Las Vegas all the way to Winnemucca). He was transferred to our area/ward right after I graduated High School. I left for Texas for a few months to help my aunt and returned for a week before leaving for college. It was there I noticed "Elder Swenson" and was impressed with his demeanor(Yes, I thought he was handsome, but he was also a missionary and I kept my distance from those). He and his companion were teaching our neighbors at our house and I was able to see how he interacted with my family and those he taught. I left for school in Utah and wrote him a letter - he wrote back and we continued to write for the next 18 months. He had thirteen companions his whole mission but it was interesting that he had one companion who had a form of autism for nine months. So, he was in our area that long and it was a little weird when I went home a couple times for the holidays and my brother's baptism. The mission president was aware and we didn't even make eye contact when I was home. It was weird and funny now that I think of it. Once he was finally transferred to Winnemucca, it was less strange.

How long we dated before we got hitched: 2 months (I know, I know) :)

My Favorite features about him: His blue eyes, dark skin, his neck and his hands

My Favorite Qualities about him: His spirituality, his knowledge and his ability to see where others are coming from. His gift at being an amazing dad, and his desire to make everyone happy. His strength and the way he loves me.

His Nickname for me: "Hot-Wife"

His Favorite Color: dk Green

His Favorite Food: Steak

His Favorite Sport: BSU Football

Who said the "L" word first: He did, but I said it right back

When was our first kiss: The week after his mission was completed, he came to see me in Ephraim. This was our first "seeing" eachother and I gave him the grand tour of Ephraim, ending in Manti at the temple. We sat on the hill and talked and talked and then he kissed me. It was perfect.

Favorite "Couple" thing to do: Anything that is together...cuddle on the couch, watch a movie, eat out, play games...we also like to go to bookstores together and just wander around.

His hidden talents: Matt can fix and do ANYTHING. He is amazing in how he thinks and is able to do whatever he sets his mind to. He also makes a killer "SPAM" sandwich. :)

His favorite pastimes: Fishing, reading, watching a show and just vegging after a long day, reading to his kids.

Will he read this? Yes

I tag my friends from College:
Jana
Maisy
Sandy and
Andrea

2 comments:

Amy Baker said...

Yay, you did the tag. You are a good sport especially because I have never done one of yours. Sorry! It's fun to hear about your love story with Matt. I am glad the two of you are so happy together.

blair and maisy said...

So cute. I'm sure I'll get to it one of these days :)