The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Trunk or Treat & Halloween Trip

I know this blog is way past due, but as things have been a bit nuts, I haven't blogged very regularly lately...I'll try to catch up!

We had a good time...I was really impressed with how well my kids did on the trip with Matt's choir. I honestly wouldn't have even attempted it if they weren't so good. They did great and although by the last day they were getting close to being downright cranky, it was fun.

The night before the trip we did the Trunk or Treat with our ward and I realized that Keith's Monkey costume, despite my alterations, would not do on the trip. So, with some last minute digging and scrambling and some bribing of Maddi to relinquish the dog-costume, it all worked out.

We got up bright and early on Thursday morning and were on the road with Matt and the choir (yes, on the bus!) by 6:30am.

Keith loved the bus and did his habitual "singing". Sammi got a little carsick in the beginning but was soon used to it.

The first day consisted of stopping at some high schools and BYU Idaho for a very cool Halloween concert. We stayed the night there in Rexburg and the next day, after more colleges and high schools, we got off in Layton, donned our costumes, and headed to Lagoon. It was a little rainy but warm and we had a blast. Maddi LOVED the rides and couldn't wait for the next one.

Sammi loed them too..(although a bit freaked out by all the scary stuff)


I even got to ride the little rollercoaster with Keith, the Merry go Round and the Haunted House with Matt (which I entered very calmly, but spent the whole ride with my eyes shut and ears covered. I didn't like it. :)




The last day I got to visit with Amy and see her adorable family....I wished it could have been longer but it was so good to see her! Her daughters are adorable. Hopefully we can do it again soon!

All in all it was very fun, but we (I) was VERY tired when we got home.

No comments: