The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Andrew


This last week has been really long and hard. I can only imagine how it's been for my parents and Andrew if it's been this tough for me. Last Thursday, my little brother Andrew was taken into the ER because he was in so much pain. He was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease a couple of years ago, which in itself is rough, and so initially it was thought that this was because of the Crohns. After many tests and him being sent to St. Luke's Hospital here in Boise, Crohn's was ruled out as the cause. More tests were given and on Friday he was diagnosed with cancer. The cancer is in stage four (the worst stage) but hasn't advanced to his bones or brain. He started his first round of Chemotherapy last night and will undergo in-patient treatments for the next four months. (In-patient means that he will have to go to the hospital and stay 2-5 days for his Chemotherapy). We're all scared and worried but we know Heavenly Father loves Andrew and is watching over him. It will be okay. Andrew is being such a trooper - he's already the kindest, sweetest 17 year old kid I know and is being so brave. It's his Senior Year at school and he'll be out quite a bit, but he wants to finish and graduate with his class. I'm so proud of him and how he's handling everything! Please keep him in your prayers.

5 comments:

Kathy and Daniel said...

Ommigosh! Dyanna I am so sorry that this has happened! He is definitly in my prayers along with your whole family! God definitly has a plan for his life and he knows what he has in store for him! Keep trusting in him He knows what is good! You are on my mind always, and in my prayers for sure!! Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Tory said...

Our prayers are with you and your family.

Mindy said...

He is definitely in our prayers. I am so sorry this has happened to him.

shb said...

Oh Dyanna. I am so sorry. Life just has so many surprises doesn't it? We are praying for him and your family.

Jenner said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your brother. we will keep him in our prayers.