The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to me....


31 - here I am. :) Matt spent the day before "prepping". Come to find out, he spent it all making my birthday cake. His sister Sarah advised and guided him through it, but he pretty much did it! It turned out great and was good too! The day was a good day. I was in a low-key mood having had a baby the week before, so Matt planned the day accordingly. He made me my favorite breakfast using my own new waffle maker. (wow, check out his serving size. I must have looked hungry.)

My mother-in-law dropped by with a gift - a small pressure cooker! I'm excited, but a little scared of it. There's just something about the word "pressure"...I picture things exploding. But anyways, off this tangent. Later, Matt, Charlotte and I went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. (thank you Hannah for watching kids!)We then hung out at home with the kids until dinner when my family and some pals came over for a BBQ. Everyone showered me with gifts which embarrassed the daylights out of me, but made me feel uber-special at the same time. My mom got me the sweetest Willow Tree statue

and my sibs got me a cute bag (always needing accessories, right?) Bonnie got me aplenty of books, and Olivia totally cracked me up with the SWEETEST bag adorned with the logo I created for us as a joke.

Not to mention the stylin' cleaning rubber gloves. I loved them!

As for Matt, he got me the glass and stainless steel measuring cups I wanted as well as Zumba Fit for the Wii and a new bike! I had requested Zumba Fit...the bike was a surprise but it's super fun! I am anxious to get these baby pounds off!
Here I am, riding off into the sunset (well, rather, through the garage, out into the cul de sac, where there was some sun)


We had a great time hanging out with everyone! Here's some of my favorite pics from the day....
Keith, Kenny and Dallin, chillin' on the hammock with some chips. (That sounds like a rap - or a cool country song)


Adorable Eli who is so cute I want to squeeze him constantly Hm. I guess I get that feeling with all my kids, but seriously - look at him. TOO CUTE.


Maddi and her hot dog. She's so photogenic. (Is that how you spell that?)


Eli and his "girlfriend" Lucy. It has been a love-hate relationship. This was one of the "love" times. We told them to "give kisses" and woo! Lucy was enthusiastic.


Sammi and her chips

The kids and I on our bikes

Good times. Thanks for the Birthday Matt! (and Mom!)

No comments: