
The last six months I've been experimenting with getting back to "old school" homemaking and I have LOVED it!!!! I started out making my own bread and then that got me into making my own household cleaners...recently adding homemade Laundry Soap that is GREAT!!! Everything is natural, works wonderful, and is VERY inexpensive.
Top 10 reason why I love my Homemade Cleaners:
1) They're healthier for my kids and my asthma spouse! The house is clean and there aren't any harsh chemicals or smells and I don't worry about the kids breathing it, touching it. For example, I walked back into a room I was cleaning windows in, only to find Keith spraying my window cleaner on his face and hair. (he was making his hair "pretty" like I do for the girls) Anywho, no worries! (We did talk about which spray bottle was the hair bottle though, and showed him the sign on the bottle for "Cleaning". Didn't want to freak any one out. :)
2) They clean just as well, if not better than store bought cleaners! And NO, my house doesn't smell like vinegar.
3) I can wash my windows, spray for ants, kill weeds, and clean my counters all with the same bottle of cleaner. Vinegar is AMAZING. (Yes, Bonnie, that is my next T-shirt.)
4)More helping hands! I now am teaching my kids to clean the bathrooms and windows whereas I was planning on waiting until they were a little older. (because of the harsh cleaners). Now they can do it today! Less work for me, more responsible character building for them.
5)SAVING MONEY! A load of laundry ends up costing less than $0.03 cents a load! Woot Woot!
6) I feel so accomplished
7)My year supply is so multi-tasked with it's vinegar and baking soda...it cleans, scrubs, disinfects, deoderizes, as well as being main elements in salads, cookies, breads and more!
8) My veggie spray not only cleans my fruits and veggies, but will also disinfect the counters.
9)I have learned the smell of "nothing". My laundry soap, without the essential oils for scent, cleaned the clothes so well...they were soft, clean and they smelled...like nothing. You must experience it to truly understand. Bonnie knows what I'm talking about. I've concocted my own mix of natural essential oils that I've added, because, although we're clean and smell fresh, I like a little added scent.
10) It fulfills some of my "creation" needs. Creativity with cleaners? Yep - see above number 9. My own concoctions. Good Times!
1 comment:
good for you! maybe you should post some of your "formulas" for us blog readers?! esp the laundry detergent one.
Post a Comment