Sammi and her dad went to an Imagine Dragons concert...
Eli taught Skipper to nestle in the nape of his neck. Weird. They look like a two-headed monster.
I actually cleaned the house (and felt the need to document it)...
I had my annual "Ice Cream Party" for my piano students, where some earned as many as 19 scoops! It was tasty and really exciting...
Sammi and I helped feed the workers at the Meridian Temple with the young women of our ward. We had a great time and it was really funny to see people's reactions to "Hawaiin Haystacks." Apparently, that particular culinary creation is a Mormon thing. They liked it, though.
We also started school again - this time with Eli joining our ranks in the 1st grade. We switched to Harmony for our curriculum needs as well as joined their "Options Day," where the younger kids go every Friday and do their electives. Fun stuff.
This is Sammi's last year with me, so it's bittersweet. She's my pal. I will miss her face. Her cute, cute face. ( I know she reads this, so I like to send her props through the written word.)
But seriously, right?! What 13 year old looks like this?! She certainly didn't get it from me (those of you who remember my 6th, 7th, and 8th grade photos (shoot, let's be honest - and the 9th and 10th grade ones as well) can confirm this. And yes - that is all her own hair, and yes, it's naturally curly. I may have to shave it in her sleep. Make myself a weave. :)
ANYWHO, since it seems August was predominantly the "month of Sammi" we'll finish it up with our last event of August, that of prepping for her upcoming foot surgery. We got the scooter, got the boot, practiced using them, and began to anticipate 6 weeks of fun. :)
August - The End.




No comments:
Post a Comment