The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Sunday, May 24, 2015

April

We were all still sick when April rolled around, but I began to see a light at the end of the tunnel. By the middle of the month, I was on the mend. Each day I felt a little more like myself and let me tell you - it makes all the difference when momma ain't sick! The rest of the family straggled along, but they were slowly oozing their way back to life. While we awaited our full recovery, we enjoyed the month's little snacks o' life:

 We had a delightful General Conference in which I took notes ("my style"),ate cinnamon rolls and just enjoyed the weekend. Conference is a tradition that I LOVE and I love that my kids love it too. :)

Here's us watching Conference.....




and here's some of my notes that blew Sammi's mind - (I struggled with Elder Bednar...he was the hardest).






I decided to paint the kitchen, piano room, entry, and hallway (When I get better, I get BETTER with a vengeance). I won't post pics of all the rooms, just the kitchen. It's nothing amazing, but it sure felt nice to have things freshly painted.
Hahaha - Sammi insists on making her "ugly faces" when I'm taking photos. I've decided to just post them anyway. She has a gift, so we shall embrace it.  Hence, I made this one large. :)
Sammi also spent some time in April teaching Henry the art of "selfies." He did well.

Eli performed in his kindergarten program and was such a stud:
But the highlight of the month was that I finally - FINALLY - captured Henry singing "Let It Go"...something I had been trying to do for months and months. That has been our cue that Henry is awake: we hear him singing "Let It Go" and he'll bust it out in the car while we're driving. For the life of me, I couldn't ever get it on film because he'd  hear the chime of my camera and just freeze. But in the car, waiting at a red light, I got it.




No comments: