The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Sunday, February 2, 2014

January - Part One (with a little sprinkle of December)

And so...it begins. Another year. Another blog entry long overdue. Another attempt at being a consistent blogger. I feel firm. I feel determined. We shall see how long it lasts. But seriously - I love the new year. I love the feeling of new things to come and resolutions to be better. Although I don't ring in the new year with late party and watching the ball (or potato) drop, it is one of my favorite things. Anyway - in documenting this new year, I must backtrack a few days before in which my little Sammi turned 12. *gasp* Where has the time gone?! Her birthday was on Sunday, so she got to go to Young Women that day. I'm so proud of this girl. She's so poised, intelligent and beautiful. And funny. Seriously, she cracks me up every day. I'm so lucky to be her mom. Here she is on her birthday, sporting her new scriptures and case.
We also got to meet our newest nephew, Boe. He and Henry are just a month and 2 weeks apart....they are so cute!!
As I mentioned before, we don't ring in the New Year at our house. Goodness, we're lucky if we can make it past 9pm! Here's how we "celebrated."
We were all tucked in by 8:30pm. Little Henry turned 4 months old in January. He is such a sweetheart! So happy and always smiling. He's beginning to love mom the most right now, and will sometimes get upset if someone else tries to hold him, but I don't mind. He's my little buddy. I love how he clings to my shirt when I carry him - like a little monkey. He's a big guy - 15lbs and 4 oz - the biggest of my babies. His hair is thinning out, but it appears to be the same reddish-tinted color that Char's is. Maddi has started to do "Tummy-Time" with him and loves it. She's such a good big sister. He loves it when we play peek-a-boo and is VERY ticklish under his ribs. He also loves his squeaky Giraffe toy.
Maddi also took a cake decorating class this month and learned to become quite the cake artist! Here are some of her creations:
Her teacher was so impressed with how well she did - and I loved eating them way too much! Keith turned 7 on Jan. 14 - we celebrated with our usual birthday breakfast, lunch with Dad and then birthday dinner and cake with our family. Keith is such a funny guy - and so smart!!! We have a lot of fun learning together and he's such a great big brother. Keith's so steady and yet has the quirkiest sense of humor. He's my little grasshopper.
Thus ends "Part One" of my January post. I need to get to sleep, as I am getting up at 4:30am in order to go work-out with my friend at the Y. We shall see how long THAT goal lasts. :)

No comments: