The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Blogger

That's me. My blogging skills have been atrocious. I did really well up until June of last year. Really well. I took pictures, I posted, I shared little cute tidbits of our life and I'm sure all of you that bother to read it were enriched, fulfilled and entertained. (right?) Then - summer happened. Four trips in 30 days. That's right - FOUR trips in 30 days. We normally don't go anywhere and then BAM, one summer we decide to pack it all in. We visited Washington, I went to a reunion in Myton, we went to McCall and the glorious Oregon Coast. It was wonderful. I have fun stories, great pictures and fabulous insights. But, I will not share them. At least, not on my blog. This is due to the fact that although the trips were GREAT, they completely did me in. School started a day after we returned from the coast, I flew to Portland 3 weeks later (another AWESOME trip - top 10 EVER) and then the holidays drew nigh. (some may say this is an excuse, but I impress upon your minds the FACT that the holidays are so great and awesome because of the MOM. She is the proverbial "man behind the curtain" each year. I am the mom thus the man behind the curtain. No excuses. Just Halloween Costume gathering, decorating, pie making, Christmas cookie elf magic producing happiness all in my little self. I was busy.) And so - the blogging was left behind. I am SO far behind, that I must start afresh and suffice it to say, our summer was busy, but grand, and the holidays were a cherished collection of memories. Now let's move on. I refuse to give up my hopes on being a decent and regular blogger - another way to stay connected to dear friends and loved ones and let them know what we are up to. (Because, honestly, my family is too great to keep to myself.) :) So - I shall try to monthly sum up what we did and how we are. This is doable. I think. January is in the making. Expect news shortly. I had to post at least one picture.
Here's to being a Wonderful, Marvelous, Awesome, Very Good Blogger!

No comments: