The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Thursday, September 29, 2011

May the Force be with you....

Lately, it's been all about Star Wars (the classic ones, especially). I've always been a fan - a downright enthusiast in my tender years, and I suppose I have passed that on to my offspring. And yes, as we've been watching them I must admit, I'm back on the band wagon. Now, it's what the kids play, talk about and they will even get philosophical as they have moral discussions on different aspects of Star Wars. Example:"No one says bad words" (Maddi is big on this right now), Han Solo is grumpy according to Keith - "he should be nicer", and Leia's immodesty in episode VI truly disturbs Sammi ("At least it was against her will!")Hilarious. They also transform sweats, capes and whatever they can find to dress up as the characters (ex: Eli's take on Yoda)

Anywho, no surprise what the kids will be for Halloween.

Grammy had a "Star Wars" party the first week in September. (further igniting the Star Wars fan club at my house). The kids had a GREAT time, being trained as Jedi's by Bonnie and having light saber duels. Great party, mom! Here's some highlights:

The Padawan


"Darf-Dader"

Sammi and Yoda


Light Saber Training

Combat Training

Strobe Training

Charlotte - the silent observer with Darth Mill

Good times! (Psst: To all you English Lit majors out there, it's very interesting to compare/contrast the Star Wars series to the Hero Myth. Intriguing.)

No comments: