The Swensons

The Swensons
Est. December 28, 1999

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Father's Day - Complete with a gift from the Inmates!

*sigh* I'm behind again. But I have many good reasons. NOT excuses - reasons. That deserves it's own blog entry.

But, this blog entry is about Father's Day! Yey! I must say, I married a guy that is the best dad I have ever seen. My kids sure are lucky.

The day was a bit more chaotic than I had planned due to the NEW DOG we got the day before. Matt has wanted one FOREVER, and he and Maddi, with her consistent love of animals, finally wore me down.



We got her from the pound, and she's adorable. A german short-haired pointer/ Border collie mix with adorable markings and....DA DA DAAAA! FULLY trained. She was part of a program here in Idaho, where for 8 weeks she is trained 4 hours a day by an inmate as part of their rehabilitation program. She is VERY well-behaved and loves kids. She already is protective of them and loves to play. Matt loves her and I have to admit, despite it being WAY beyond my comfort zone, my birthday flip-flops chewed to bits, and more than one instance of her eating a diaper that we'd thrown out, she is pretty cute. She is a master escape artist (bonus training from the inmates?...hmmmm) but Matt has figured out how to fully contain her in the yard. (Yes, she's an outdoor dog. Period.) And yes, I've wondered what the heck I've done on more than one occasion. So far, though, it's been worth it.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

What are you going to do with that poor dog when it's freeeeezing outside?

Matt, Dyanna and Co. said...

Matt built her a kennel that coonects from outside into the garage through a doggie door. She is set out in style.

blair and maisy said...

Love the family pic on your header- it's so fun. Hope you guys are enjoying your dog (my boys beg me frequently for one). So glad that you got the wisdom teeth infection taken care of- ugh! When I got mine removed a decade ago, I had 4 impacted ones, was way loopy afterward too, and it was bad enough without getting an infection on top of everything.