
Last Monday was Matt's 31st birthday. Since his birthday landed on a weekday, I planned months in advance a surprise party in his classroom at lunch. Much to my dismay, about two weeks beforehand, one of the gals in his class that was helping me, told me that his birthday was the same day as Solo and Ensemble, and he would be out in Eagle the whole day! Grrr...but, we worked around it, and spread the word to the students to come AFTER school and surprise him. As for getting Matt back to the school, I had the Principal call him in for a "meeting". Matt was pretty upset at having to go back (he thought he could come home early and hang with us). It all worked out great - he came, he was surprised and he got delicious cake and a present even! The kids all pooled together and bought him a DVD Player (for the TV in our room) and a $20 gift certificate to Cabelas. Sweet! We then went home, and I gave him the present from me...a flatscreen TV for our room (to go with the DVD player). He was excited. :) Later, his parents came over and brought him some cake and the Planet Earth series. Happy Birthday Matt!

5 comments:
Dyanna you are such a great wife and mommy! you are amazing!
So fun! Happy Birthday Matt!
Happy birthday old man!!! Looks like things are going well for you and your family. Where are you guys at nowadays? My family and I are in limbo and will not settle down until the fall when law school starts (wherever that will be) right now we are in Northern AZ on the Navajo rez. I forgot that you are older than me, but only by a few I turn 31 in July. Take Care man and hit me back when you can
happy bday matt! that germx in the eye sounds incredibly painful!
Good job planning the surprise party. And also good job on the birthday present. What man doesn't want a flat screen tv in the bedroom?
Post a Comment